February 28, 2013

The Way of the Blossoms


I made my hiding place
                                                a large cardboard box
                                                at the back of the garage.
                                      There I lived my secret life.
                                      Days were longer then,
                                               so were the years that I dreamed
                                               of being a thousand different places,
                                               other than Wichita.
                                      It rained,
                                               hailed, and
                                               snowed
                                               year after year.
                                      And all too often my creative thoughts,
                                               dreams and imagination
                                               followed the way of the blossoms
                                               in the bedroom window box.

No comments:

Post a Comment