May 16, 2011

My First Blog

Why are my knees knocking and my stomach doing flip flops?
Okay, so my author friend said, "Blogging is a low risk, low cost way to build your audience while you are developing your work, and then promote your finished book to that same audience."
Alright. I'll give it a try. Here goes.

As I begin this new adventure in cyberspace, something tells me a writer should never be anxious for the reader to care about his work. He should just do his best and place the result out there. However, in some instances a writer will feel that he has been given the inspiration to pen what he has and has shared it via the Spirit's leading. I have written a religious novel, Walkout, and I believe it is that kind of writing. The idea for the novel laid on the back burner of my heart for several years before I felt the Holy Spirit turn up the flame.

The manuscript is currently going through editing phases at Tate Publishing. When the book is released, I want the message in Walkout to pull at your heart strings so powerfully that mediocre Christian discipleship will never again be an acceptable way of life.

Let me set the stage for what you will read by saying that the story is dedicated to all of those who feel they are being called to walk in clear, uncompromising discernment; and to those who have watched the stars of the religious world fall and struggled with becoming critical--keep your focus on the cross!

Walkout takes Christian writer, Saul Keener, who has received the E-Book Publishing Association's Christian Writer of the Year Award, and makes him a major character in his own story. The story draws the reader in as it deals with religious hypocrisy and bigotry, and then shows how God works on hearts and minds to bring about change.

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known; along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn their darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." (Isaiah 42:16-17)

Please visit my new web site: http://www.allenstark.com/ . I would like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment